The LyondellBasell Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology
PSM Track, Session 1
in partnership with the Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center
at Texas A&M University
Thursday, April 29, 2021, 1:30pm – 2:30pm CDT; Presentation with moderated Q&A.
The Texas Chemical Council Process Safety Education Initiative
In 2020 the TCC Board of Directors launched a new initiative to elevate the process safety performance of our industry in several critical areas. One of the outcomes has been a pioneering partnership between TCC, CPET, and MKOPSC. This session will outline where focus has been placed. A panel of industry and academic experts will explain the background and answer questions to clarify the path forward. In this session you will learn about the following:
- A summary of the overall TCC PSM initiative.
- The plan for process safety courses at CPET for industry professionals.
- A pathway towards certification in the process safety competency.
Opening remarks by Rich Wells, V.P. Operations, Dow Chemical Company
Our expert panelists for this session include:
- Bill Efaw, Associate Process Safety Director, Dow Chemical Company
- Stewart Behie, Director, MKOPSC, Professor of Practice, Chemical Eng. Department
- David Stacy, Process Safety & Technical Services Manager, Eastman Chemical Co.
- Ammar Alkhawaldeh, Process Safety Expert Services, BASF Corp.
- Clarissa Belbas, Director of Resources, CPET
- Steve Skarke, Vice President, Kaneka Americas Holding, Inc.
The Partnership of Petrochemical Leaders and the Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center are happy to bring this exclusive opportunity to you.
PPL Discovery Series PSM Track
Register in advance for this webinar:
Sent by Anne Dieringer, EHCMA, on behalf of:
Vice President, Kaneka Americas Holding, Inc.