History: Organized in 1990 in response to Responsible Care. First meeting March 1990.
Number of plants: 15
Number of community members: Approximately 25 + visitors.
Facilitator: Diane Sheridan
Facilitation Associate: Anne Gowan
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Meetings: Monthly except June, July, December. Fourth Mondays from 5:45 – 7:30 pm by Zoom or at City of Deer Park Battleground Golf Course Republic Grill. Meetings are open but require invitation from member (no one ever turned down).
- Influences industry decision-makers by sharing community questions, concerns and suggestions about plant operations.
- Provides input to the communities from the plants about operations and issues of plant or community concern.
- Provides a mechanism for plants to test ideas/plans before implementation.
- Promotes understanding of and addresses identified community/industry issues that are important to the community.
- Serves as a means to educate the community about the plants and the plants about the community.
- Seeks to involve the entire community, including both youth and senior citizens and people of various backgrounds and opinions.
Most common issues of interest: health, safety, environment, emergency management and communications, hazmat transportation, workforce development.
Most recent issues of interest (chosen in structured Program Planing process):