Air Quality Programs Coastal Surge and Flood Protection Plan Water Resources
EHCMA is committed to continuing to operate cleaner and greener, complying with regulatory requirements as well as finding solutions to environmental challenges in our area.
We are proud that…
- We spend $5 billion annually on operating and capital costs related to pollution control and initiating efforts to further improve air quality and water.
- We detect emissions – many of our facilities have state-of-the-art infrared cameras that detect emissions that were once undetectable and help cut down on hydrocarbon leaks that were once undetectable.
- We test and evaluate air quality and emissions on a regular basis.
- We reduced benzene emissions levels by almost 80 percent over the past five years.
- We closely monitor wastewater effluent from our facilities to protect local surface and groundwater resources.