It is critical to EHCMA’s mission that our member companies operate in a safe, reliable and environmentally responsible way. This includes logistics and transportation operations, which is why EHCMA formed the Logistics and Transportation Committee in 2022. We share logistics and transportation best practices while growing our knowledge base of new and future employees experienced in this area. Now you can be a part of this discussion by contributing your time and expertise with a team representing companies throughout the region. Potential areas of focus would include:
- Optimize product flows IN and OUT of our facilities
- Railcar loading/unloading, switching, inspecting
- Barge, tank, truck and railcar loading and unloading
- Tank operation to minimize emissions with appropriate controls
- Tank construction to ensure best practices are followed
- Optimum warehousing and control
- Transportation – truck traffic, driver safety, DOT guidelines, incident sharing
Meetings will be once per month to narrow down and select topics to work on; then quarterly to touch base on project status.
Interested? Please email Jimmy Bracher, EHCMA Logistics and Transportation Committee Chair, at email@example.com.