Citizen’s Advisory Council to La Porte Industry is seeking a Facilitation Associate
Attached is a job notice suitable for posting on Facebook, Linked In, and other social media.
Please send this news to possible applicants and also to friends to ask them to share. Thanks!
The Citizen’s Advisory Council to La Porte Industry, called “the C-A-C,” is seeking a CAC Facilitation Associate with strong project, time management, and writing skills. The CAC meets monthly to facilitate constructive dialogue about environment, safety, and other plant-related issues among those who live or work in the Bayshore cities and the managers of 43 chemical plants in La Porte. A successful candidate will fit the profile below. Those interested should contact lead facilitator Diane Sheridan to request details and an application at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-326-5253. Leave message if needed. Application, resume, and a writing sample are due by Fri. Nov. 18, 2022 to Sheridan.
Successful Candidate Profile:
- 4-year degree
- Previous experience that illustrates that you have the skills below:
- Project and time management skills because this job has many moving parts.
- Technical writing skills because most presentations are about chemicals and industry processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills so you are understood by community members without expertise in the subject matter.
- At least intermediate level Excel skills because you will prepare annual emissions and safety reports with many categories of data from 43 plants.
- Data interpretation skills.
- Event organization expertise because you will help set up 9+ meetings a year that include dinner for 65+ attendees and varying venues.
- The ability to act neutral in a group that deliberately brings together people with different backgrounds and views about industry.
- Time to devote to a part-time job of 25-30 hours per month. Work occurs at various times during many days of the month, so it is not feasible for someone with a full-time job.
- Availability to attend monthly meetings from approximately 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. on 1st Tuesdays except for June and July. January date may vary due to holidays (Jan. 12 in 2023).
Sent by Victoria Clifton, EHCMA, on behalf of:
Diane B. Sheridan, Facilitator
1107 Live Oak Lane
Taylor Lake Village TX 77586-4530